Friday 27 April 2012

More cinema stuff...but you love it

So, in an effort to remain consistent I am once again referring you to all things film.

There is a lovely Free Film Festival, which starts today (and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I have just moved to South London) called the New Cross and Deptford Film Festival. It goes on until 6th May and has all manner of films from family to film shorts.

I would recommend the bike-powered Harry Potter screening tonight or Sherlock Holmes tomorrow night (the one with Robery Downey Junior and Jude Law not *sigh* the one with Benedict Cumberbatch), but the weather looks to be monumentally shit this weekend. These are outside screenings where viewers' bikes are hooked up to a generator that then powers the film. This is a lovely idea and would make me feel a little less guilty about eating that gargantuan box of popcorn, but I fear it would all just end up a but soggy (both me and the popcorn. If you have a tent, or don’t care about sitting in the rain, then go nuts.

I am however recommending the festival's screening of the Science of Sleep (the one with Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal *more sighing*). This is set to take place next Tuesday 1st of May at 7.30pm and will be projected onto the ceiling of Lewisham Arts centre.

The reason is it being shown this way is to encourage viewers can lie back and fall asleep.

The website says it is “part art project part tongue in cheek”. I don't care either way if I can have a wee lie down, watch a slightly surreal film and not be laughed at if I do happen to drop off.

Hmm. Maybe I should find some more young people activities for the next post. There is a good chance this could become linked to Help the Aged.

Extreme paintballing anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment